My 2015 is a roller coaster year. Some ups and some downs.
Some good stuffs that happened are
- Met a lot of awesome, fantastic, impressive and amazing people. Thanks y'all.
- Travelled a lot
- Happened to buy a lot books and read a few of them. Especially, RPF and Murakami books totally changed my mind about how I look some particular things. I am glad that I read those. And Humans of New York is arguably the best I have ever read this year.
- Some surprising job offers and I obviously did get in.
- Keeping (barely) up DevDaily.
- A camera and loads of photos
Not so good #
Some not so good stuffs that happened
- Had a surgery
- Didn’t get into school
- Didn’t write a lot code
- Didn’t learn anything much too.
- A lot less non-fiction books than fictions and zero technical books
- Didn’t run a lot
- Feeling not good enough almost all the time, consequently, depression.
Like 2014, I happen to read awesome stuffs and those are as below.
This one is so good that I have to read it at least one time weekly.
- Jessica Livingston by PG
- Be Kind by Boz
- I quit the tech industry by Eevee
- Reconsider by DHH
- Justin Kan - The 99% (of startups) by Justin Kan
- The Programmer’s Oath by Robert C. Martin (aka Uncle Bob)
- Interview by a 15 Year Old by Paul Graham
- Tutorial Syndrome by Arkar Min Aung
- Ever so humble by Ravi Chhabra
- Richard Feynman: The Difference Between Knowing the Name of Something and Knowing Something
- Vincent Van Der Heyde to Richard Feynman, July 3, 1986 and Richard Feynman Reply
- How to go for 10X
- 50 Things All 20-Somethings Should Know by Corey Freeman
- Presumption of stupidity by Aaron K Harris
- Haruki Murakami: The Moment I Became a Novelist
- Sucking Less Every Year
- The Singular Mind of Terry Tao
- How to build great products by Slava Akhmechet
- Where’s Bobby Fischer?
- The Pursuit of Beauty
- Write the letter that you always wanted to, but never did.
- Little things by Arkar Min Aung
- စိတ္တဇအတွေးများ (၁) by CalmHill
- Definitions of Educated Person by Calm Hill
- How to Get Good at Chess, Fast
- Which language has the brightest future in replacement of C between D, Go and Rust? And Why?
- Sweet Lies and Bitter Truth
I happen to spend more time on HN and here are a few particular HN stuffs.
- Ask HN: Losing interest
- Sheryl Sandberg Says an MBA Doesn’t Matter in Tech
- Presumption of stupidity
- Ask HN: How to Be a Good Technical Lead?
- John Nash Has Died
- VLC contributor living in Aleppo writing about the Paris attacks
- Instagram’s Million Dollar Bug
- Swift is Open Source
- Startup Playbook
- YC Fellowship
There is a giant list of articles that I’ve sent out for DevDaily, here too.
I have a few things that I hope to (and will try to, as always) do. Here are
- Go offline as much as I could
- Less and less publicity
- Be more candid and straightforward
- Read more books
- Travel more
- Write more either here or in private
- Take more photos!
- Stay healthy
- Deal with presumption of stupidity
- Learn fundamental Maths and CS stuffs
And my regards and thanks to the following people, especially for all the fascinating conversation we have had, in no particular order,
- Arkar, TRH and JJ
- Dwight, Brad and Liz
- Ko Winston and Ko Zarni
- John, Yohan, Nic and Susan
- TKL, KSL and ANCO
- KK, YY, EE, HS and WW
- SH, YMK, YMT, TAL, ZY, NLH, LJL, TY and SSO for going through all the troubles during travels!
That’s about it, I guess. :-)
May your new year be filled with love and joy!