Best of 2014
Some articles/essays that I enjoyed a lot in 2014.
- Paul Graham - Before the Startup
- [Richard Hamming - You and Your Research](www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/YouAndYourResearch.html)
- Tim Cook Speaks Up
- Steve Klabnik
- The Man Who Made the UK Say “I’m Sorry For What We Did To Turing.”
- Software Engineer Traits
- What It Took for SpaceX to Become a Serious Space Company
- Is npm worth $2.6MM?
- Rust and Go
- Y-Combinator, a Two-Year-Old, and a Pregnant Wife
- Medium’s CSS is actually pretty f***ing good
- Because Reading is Fundamental
- ABC: Always Be Coding
- The Buffett Formula — How To Get Smarter
- Spotify’s Design Lead on Why Side Projects Should Be Stupid
- Most People Won’t
- Paul Buchheit - The Technology
- Fred Wilson - Values
- Sam Altman - How to Hire
- Sam Altman - Startup Advice
- Sam Altman - Advice for ambitious 19 year olds
- The Untold Story of Larry Page’s Incredible Comeback
- Paul Graham - How to Be an Expert in a Changing World
- HN - #define CTO
- HN - What can I only do in Erlang?
- The Founder’s Guide To Selling Your Company
- John Carmack: Thoughts on Haskell [video]
And everything from
There are still a lot more. But above are particularly the stuffs I’ve read and enjoyed a lot. I hope you’d find something interesting too.